Monday, January 16, 2006

The Elusive Song Obsession...

This is how it works:

I hear a song on the radio, on a movie or TV show, walking in the mall or in a store, and either it strikes a chord with me, or maybe it brings back pleasant memories of days long past...

After having this emotional connection with the song, I focus on the lyrics and musical style, taking an auditory snapshot so that I will remember what to search for when I get to a computer. Believe me when I say this is not just a casual practice, but a serious undertaking bordering on obsession. I must find that song at all costs.

Step 1:

Google the lyrics

Step 2:

Search iTunes for Artist and Song

Step 3 (if step 2 is unsuccessful):

Search amazon.com for CD


As of yet, I have never failed to find a song, no matter how elusive or obscure.

God bless the internet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Porkchop said...

I use this technique myself. Works quite nicely. However, since I have the memory of a... very forgetful thing. Sometimes I have to hear it fourorfiveorsix times before I remember enough lyrics to google it.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home