Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Shoe Guy...

While at college, I was riding in an elevator with a group of unknown females when I noticed that one of the girl had one a pair of oddly attractive shoes. Wanting to encourage such behavior, I proceeded to complement her excellent taste in shoes (something that was quite rare in that particular school---those having visited the school can attest to the veracity of my claim). Upon hearing my innocent compliment, the girl's eyes widened to saucer proportions, causing me to think I had offended her in some way. She then proceed to exclaim "So YOU'RE the shoe guy!"

It was at this point that I reevaluated my policy of complementing girls on their shoe selections.

Seriously, doesn't a moniker like "The Shoe Guy" make one surmise that the bearer of such a title has some kind of weird shoe fetish?

Not really the best of reputations.

My conclusion is thus:

Only compliment a girl on her shoes if she knows you well enough to receive the compliment in the spirit in which it was given---not someone who would then go around spreading the rumor that you make a habit of sneaking into girl's closets to try on their shoes.

Or just don't go to lame colleges.

5 Comments:

Blogger joy said...

I totally remember way back in the day (in Oklahoma) that you were the only person in the entire training center who appreciated my tall, brown heels. Well, you and my sister, of course. Ever since, you've held a special spot in my heart as the man who appreciated my shoes when there was absolutely nothing else to appreciate about me.

(Photos of those "long, flowing curls" days still freak me out.)

12:52 PM  
Blogger fearbaby said...

Yes, the pictures of me with flowing curls freak me out as well ;)

But seriously, there were way more things I appreciated about you in Oklahoma City than just your cool shoes. I think I've told you this, but you and Laura where the only bright spots in a very bleak and distasteful environment.

For the most part, all the other people were complete bores :)

3:45 PM  
Blogger VDOprincess said...

I think shoe guys are cool. They make it much easier to justify new shoe purchases. Did I mention I'm turning my husband into one?

5:44 PM  
Blogger fearbaby said...

nice.

10:05 PM  
Blogger joy said...

warm fuzzies!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home